There's lots to know about Holy Cow Delivery - from how we got started to where our products come from, and everything in between. Lots of this information can be found here in our Frequently Asked Questions sections.
Holy Cow Delivery Pulls in to Kingstowne Farmers Market
Kingstowne Patch | By Theresa Caldwell, July 22, 2011
No Beef With Hard Work
Northern Virginia Daily | Candace Sipos, July 27, 2011
Frequently Asked Questions
2. Are you Organic?
No, we personally are not organic. We do follow traditional farming methods which are often similar practices that organic farmers use. For example, we do not give our animals growth hormones or unnecessary antibiotics. We do not use pesticides on our fields. We give our cows free choice feeding. This means they have a feed bunk in the barn that has a mixture of corn, hays, soybeans, and minerals that they can eat from. They also have access to pastures where they can graze at will.
We do offer Trickling Springs Organic milk and eggs. What does Organic really mean?
Cows are grassfed
Non GMO feed
Humane animal treatment
Traceability and Transparency
Low temperature pasteurization
No artificial flavors or colors
Heritage Breed Cows
If you ever have any questions or would like to place an order please call 540.465.4742 or email us here.
1. Can you tell me more about Holy Cow Delivery?
2. Are you Organic?
3. Do you use Growth Hormones?
4. Tell me more about the meat and other products that you sell.....
5. Can I come out and visit your farm?
6. All of the milk is in a glass bottle. Is there a bottle deposit?
7. Who do I contact if I have a product problem?
8. What is the cost to have home delivery?
9. How often does the delivery come?
10. What time of day should I expect my delivery?
11. What if I am not home when the delivery comes?
12. What if I do not want delivery this week?
13. Are there any times that you do not deliver?
14. How do I pay?
15. Do I need to set up an account?
16. Why do we provide milk from 2 different creameries?
17. What is a standing order?
18. How long does the milk last?